Saturday, August 8, 2009

Essential Film List/ Further Introductions

In preparation for NYU, I am currently plowing my way through Selections from the Faculty of Film & Television's Essential Screening and Reading List, which has titles both obscure and legendary.

Today's film is Killer of Sheep (1974) by Charles Burnett. I will write my thoughts on the film in a later post.

Among the titles I've seen for the first time in the past month include The Conformist (1971, Bernardo Bertolucci), The Last Waltz (1978, Martin Scorsese), Mulholland Drive (2001, David Lynch), Seven Samurai (1954, Akira Kurosawa), A Woman Under the Influence (1974, John Cassavetes), and The Piano (1993, Jane Campion). All films were extraordinary - I particularly enjoyed the works from Scorsese and Cassavetes.

For more information on me, I've provided a link to an article written by Joanne Foote for The Oak Hill Gazette, a local Austin newspaper. The article is part of a series the newspaper did in May on Outstanding Graduates of the Class of 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment